The Rage is Finished!
Hello everyone...
We've finally finished the film....We spent the last several weeks delivering the last of the VIFX shots . P13's VIFX supervisor Ulysses Argetta and team kicked ass and completed over 260+ 2D and 3D animation and composite shots in ten weeks...not bad for a film shot on a shoestring budget in just over 20 days. That's the way VIFX post is suppose to go down. There are several reasons the post on The Rage went so smoothly....On set Ulee and I would discuss the fx shot and the complexity of the set up and if what I wanted to do was going to effect the budget or the schedule I would re-think my approach so that we could achieve the shots within our budget. We shot BG plates and elements with the budget and schedule in mind. Ulee also had The Rage VIFX database created to keep track of all our shot and this enabled me to look at shots and get back to the artist with notes in a timely fashion. As a director you have a responsibility to make the best film you can but you also have to respect the budget and work with what your given.
This is the most energetic film I've Directed. Its a true Drive-In Film made gorilla style like the films we grew up on...Re-Animator, Evil Dead 1 & 2, and Phantasm. Like those films we didn't have a 50+ million dollar budget and a six month shoot so we needed to be ingenious with the little we had to work with. Editor Andrew Sagar who's making his feature debut with this film cut a tight rocket ride of a movie. As Sam Raimi would say "Its a real popcorn popper!"
Last week we completed the post lab and sound work. Patrick Giraudi and his team at Virtual Mix kicked ass and the movies 5.1 surround/Dolby mix sounds like a Jerry Bruckheimer film. The score by Midnight Syndicate composer Ed Douglas is outstanding. It sounds really big and unrelenting.
What's next?
We are starting the sales phase and setting up screenings for distributors. We are also working on the merchandise line and we've submitted to several film festivals.
I'll keep you updated as I have more info.
Best
Robert Kurtzman
We've finally finished the film....We spent the last several weeks delivering the last of the VIFX shots . P13's VIFX supervisor Ulysses Argetta and team kicked ass and completed over 260+ 2D and 3D animation and composite shots in ten weeks...not bad for a film shot on a shoestring budget in just over 20 days. That's the way VIFX post is suppose to go down. There are several reasons the post on The Rage went so smoothly....On set Ulee and I would discuss the fx shot and the complexity of the set up and if what I wanted to do was going to effect the budget or the schedule I would re-think my approach so that we could achieve the shots within our budget. We shot BG plates and elements with the budget and schedule in mind. Ulee also had The Rage VIFX database created to keep track of all our shot and this enabled me to look at shots and get back to the artist with notes in a timely fashion. As a director you have a responsibility to make the best film you can but you also have to respect the budget and work with what your given.
This is the most energetic film I've Directed. Its a true Drive-In Film made gorilla style like the films we grew up on...Re-Animator, Evil Dead 1 & 2, and Phantasm. Like those films we didn't have a 50+ million dollar budget and a six month shoot so we needed to be ingenious with the little we had to work with. Editor Andrew Sagar who's making his feature debut with this film cut a tight rocket ride of a movie. As Sam Raimi would say "Its a real popcorn popper!"
Last week we completed the post lab and sound work. Patrick Giraudi and his team at Virtual Mix kicked ass and the movies 5.1 surround/Dolby mix sounds like a Jerry Bruckheimer film. The score by Midnight Syndicate composer Ed Douglas is outstanding. It sounds really big and unrelenting.
What's next?
We are starting the sales phase and setting up screenings for distributors. We are also working on the merchandise line and we've submitted to several film festivals.
I'll keep you updated as I have more info.
Best
Robert Kurtzman

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home